pondělí 15. června 2015

Strongest Food Experiences from Korea



                I spent more than three months in Korea and I tasted many different meals. Some of them were delicious and some of them were really bad. However, I tried the strangest food, the most interesting food, and the most different food compared to the Czech Republic. First, I tried the strangest food. It was dancing octopus, which means eating a living octopus. It was a really strange experience for me because it is impossible to eat living animals in my country. The chef just took the octopus from the reservoir, and started to cut it in small pieces. The octopus was watching me when it lost its first tentacle and it looked so sad! When we ate it, it was still moving and trying to escape from the plate. I didn´t like that food because it didn´t have any taste. I just felt the spicy sauce and nothing more.
                 Second, I ate the food most different from what I expected. It was Korean barbecue. Barbeque in the Czech Republic means that you go out, drink a beer and grill a meat, vegetables or steaks. It is different Korea because you go into a restaurant and somebody grills and prepares everything for you. In addition to that, they don't use a knife in Korea like we do in Europe. Instead, they use scissors to cut the meat in smaller pieces. In place of bread and vegetable salad they eat some small wraps made from salad, rice and some sauces. The taste of Korean barbeque is almost the same as Czech barbeque. However, it depends on how you want to eat it. If you use a lot of sauces and rice then the taste is totally different. If you eat only the meat then the taste is completely same. Therefore the difference between Czech and Korean barbeque is especially in preparation and side dishes.
Finally, I tried dog soup in Korea. It was the most interesting food I have ever eaten. I couldn't imagine that I would eat a dog before I came to Korea. A dog is a pet for me and I have a dog at home, so how can I eat it? But I was brave enough to try it and I went to the dog restaurant. Obviously I wasn't thinking about what kind of meat it is because I thought that I can´t eat dogs. I just ate a small piece of meat and surprisingly it was delicious. In spite of this, I was glad that I only saw the dog´s spine after I finished my food. It was pretty big spine and it looked weird, so probably I wouldn't finish my meal if I´d seen it before.

I ate lots of new dishes in Korea. Some of them were strange, some of them were different compared to the Czech Republic and some of them were interesting. As a result, I hope I will try much more different types of food in other countries in the future. 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat